Saturday, February 26, 2011

Things to do on a Sunday morning

Although there are countless breakfast joints around the city, my favorite morning spot for freshly baked, mouthwatering breads and pastries has to be Tartine Bakery in the Mission. Both locals and tourists alike stand in lines that stretch around the block for a chance to savor their world famous croissants and pastries.

Staying round the corner from Tartine has its advantages, of course. So there I was at 8:15am on a cold drizzly morning getting in line to buy some breakfast. My usual is a plain croissant and soy latte, and one of their daily sweet creations. Today was going to be an almond tart. By 8:30am, the line had stretched out the door, and the cafe was completely packed. I decided to walk back to the apartment to enjoy my breakfast in peace.



No comments: