Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cocotte at the Wanderlust

Unlike most of the newer French restaurants in Singapore, Cocotte tries to be less trendy and old-fashioned, cooking up home style French bistro style meals that are hearty and welcoming. Since this was the eve of the Chinese New Year, I was expecting an empty restaurant, but I was surprised by the number of people who decided to do French for their reunion dinner.

We started with escargots in puff pastry, which reminded me a lot of the mini sliders they serve at Barracks at Dempsey Hill. For my main, I picked the beef bourguignon, which was a house favorite. I had to agree, it was very well done.





Cocotte is located in the Wanderlust hotel, in a very vibrant part of Singapore near Little India.
Address: 2 Dickson Rd, Singapore 209494
Tel: +65-6396-3322

No comments: