Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More bull....

I guess the name 'Bull' is a  popular choice for restaurants in China. After eating at Noodle Bull at 1933 last week, I was not expecting to run into another restaurant called Bull so soon. This Sunday morning, I took a brisk walk over to the new IFC mall in the financial district of Pudong, just a few minutes down the road from the Park Hyatt.

I wasn't too keen on dim sum, so I skipped over Lei Garden, and decided to try Golden Bull, the new Vietnamese restaurant on the fourth floor. I ordered the usual fried spring rolls as an appetizer, and for the main, I picked the beef pho noodle in superior broth. At 100RMB, this was the most expensive pho I've ever had. The broth was excellent, the beef was of a very high grade and very tender. Overall, a very good meal, though a bit pricey for beef noodle.

Recently, Vietnamese restaurants have been sprouting all over the city, if this is a sign of things to come, then I guess I won't have to pay so much for a decent bowl of pho in Shanghai very soon.



No comments: