Sunday, January 23, 2011

Back to El Willy yet again

This is probably my third trip to El Willy, my favorite Spanish tapas restaurant in Shanghai, and quite possibly in this part of the world. I'm still amazed that there are such high caliber restaurants in a Chinese city, but I guess Shanghai is no ordinary Chinese city. It's quite possibly on the way to besting Hong Kong as the foodie capital of Asia.

Anyway, I was determined to try some new items on El Willy's menu tonight. Except for the foie gras. That, I cannot do without. There are few foie gras dishes that impresses me more than the one here. Seared slivers of foie gras on brioche, with raspberry basil compote and popcorn power on top. Yum.

I had the citrus cerviche, the 24-hr cooked pork beef and roasted pumpkin soup. Too much food as usual. I didn't get to order dessert again. There's always next time, I guess.


No comments: