Sunday, April 4, 2010

Last Meal At The Bund Before The World Comes Knocking



This being the first weekend the new Bund boardwalk opened to the excited public, I decided I had to squeeze in one last meal for the season before moving on to quieter locales for my adventures in eating. And what better way to watch the world go by, or in this case, to watch the local masses descend on the Bund in droves on a sunny spring Sunday than from the 7th floor patio of M On The Bund.

I secured a window table a couple of days before Sunday, and arrived shortly before noon for brunch. They were serving their usual M Brunch set menus, and I decided I should eat a light meal for lunch after the heavy but excellent breakfast at Park Hyatt a few hours ago. Something light for me was the M house salad with shaved reggiano and pine nuts, and spagetti with clams over tomatoes and fresh parsley.

Few restaurants have been able to maintain their culinary standards as consistently as M On The Bund, and year after year, it continued to impress me with their excellent dishes using the freshest local ingredients, meticulous attention to details and top notch service. Not forgetting the unforgettable views from the patio overlooking the entire expanse of the Bund.

Today in particular, with drink in hand, as I stood watching the crowds throng the boardwalk below as final touches were being made in preparation for the Shanghai Expo 2010, I was reminded how wonderful the M On The Bund brunch experience has always been for me. Six years later, the magic still remains.

No comments: