Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tatsuya, Goodwood Park Hotel, Singapore

I always knew that Tatsuya's was a high end place but tonight it was heaving with dealmakers and wealthy businessmen with their mistresses.  I guess I should have known when we passed the Maserati, Ferrari and Hummer parked right in front but I just thought it was going to be a quiet Monday night at the place.  It finally occurred to me that it was in fact Tuesday, the day that the fresh shipment comes in, and boy was it good.  I know from time to time I stray to other Japanese establishments but as you can probably see from this blog, I keep coming back (it doesn't hurt that it is a 5 minute walk from my apartment).  I have decided to cap my visits to once a quarter just to enjoy the seasonal changes in the menu.  We'll see how long I can hold out.....

Pictured below : (Baby Squid in Miso with Soramame, Sashimi Moriawase, Aburi Sushi, Barracuda, Stewed Lotus Root and Sea Eel, Seasonal Bamboo Clam, Strawberry and Melon)






1 comment:

D Guy said...

Ok, I'll have to do the same on Tuesday night at Aoki for comparison.