Friday, October 10, 2008

Sunday Brunches In Melbourne

I was just looking for an excuse to post a photo of this cafe called Cumulus that stumbled upon while in Melbourne, Australia for a few days. It happened to be a Sunday, and I was out hunting for an exciting new place for brunch, and ended up in Flinders Lane, the art and fashion district of downtown Melbourne. Cumulus is a bright and cheery cafe with high ceilings and white washed walls and large glass windows that beckons the morning sun into the dining room, giving it a nice warm inviting glow as you enter the main door. I took a seat by the counter and ordered orange juice, coffee and the blood sausage set. The food was excellent, even though I'm not a fan of anything made of blood, and I did clean off my plate. Staff were very pleasant, the manager came round to chat, and when I told him I was new in town, he offered some recommendations for local sightseeing.

Which led me to Getrude Street Enotica, where I got hungry very suddenly as I entered (and thirsty) and ordered a glass of local chardonnay and a buffalo mozzarella pesto bruschetta. I found a little corner near the back of the wine store, where they laid out a plank as a makeshift bench and a white marble slab for a table. And there I sat, eating bruschetta, drinking wine and resting my feet after an afternoon of walking around Melbourne.

No comments: