Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A perfect choice for lunch

I figured it was time again to do a Friday lunch with the folks. Today, I thought we'd do some French, and Les Amis seemed like the perfect place for some indulgence. Mom and I had set lunches, which consisted of wild mushroom consomme scented with summer truffles, and grilled mussels on the half shell.

Mom had the grilled duck breast and I had the seared salmon with pasta. Dad decided to stick with the special of the day, which was a hefty Matzukaya beef steak.


As meals at Les Amis go, it turned into a three hour affair and I had to rush back to work after dropping both of them off. Love this place, and their fantastically-priced set lunches. One reason I love lunches in this city where we get so spoilt for choice. I wonder if the economy had something to do with the great prices we're seeing lately in restaurants.

No comments: